Skip to main content

Days 3-4

This blog is to help others contemplating this treatment.

Days 3-4


Treatment: Efudix - whole face - 21 days exposure planned - GP review at day 19.


This is being written at the start of Day 4 - ANZAC Day.  No ceremony for me, the first I'll have missed in 15 years, just can't do the UV.

I can see increased redness, perhaps you'll notice it too in the comparison to Day 1.  Nothing startling in a visual sense yet.  I see little red spots that weren't there 4 days ago - you probably won't pick them up in the comparison photos.

I am constantly aware that something is happening in my skin. I'm aware that my face feels like it is gradually getting 'tighter'. It also manifests as light tingling which comes and goes, but it can also progress to a little local itchiness.  That's when you have to check yourself on the 'auto-response' to scratch.  I don't want this stuff on my fingers.  

Shaving this morning was different also; it felt a little grainy like the blades were dull (they weren't) and it was a little tender in spots - mainly the 'side-burn zone'.  Nothing major.

The headache from Day 2 has gone - that's a positive.

Learning:

You become acutely aware at how well you know your own face in the mirror when new marks appear and you are attuned to looking for change.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 39 - Pink!

This blog is to help others contemplating this treatment. Day 39 Final Post - Pink! This is my final post and the past week has just been about recovery.  My face is still very pink and I suppose that will slowly fade, but it's still disconcerting.  There is no itching or pain anymore. Shaving is back to normal too (thank God). I'm still applying Paw-Paw ointment as noted in the previous Blog post, hence the 'shine' in today's photos.  I'll be using it for some months yet. In summary: This was a tough gig for long periods; Staying indoors and out of the sun was difficult, that surprised me more than I thought it would. I may not be suited to living in Canada in the winter 😊;   I still have to get a blood test to check my Vitamin D levels as a result (yes, seriously); I'm glad I'm through it, that I made it, and I'm glad I had the sense to read other Blogs before starting, to get the lay of the land; The reason I'm glad,

Days 28-29 - Blotch!

This blog is to help others contemplating this treatment. Days 28-29 Today's photos are taken on the 8th day of the healing phase, May 20, in the morning, pre-cream, so no glossy facial sheen. This is what I mean by spontaneous bleeding: these spots have opened up after a gentle wash down with a face washer, just warm water, no soap.  They bleed for a few moments and I just compress them with a dry face washer and they stop after a little while.  They can start whenever they want, the very definition of spontaneous!   The unfortunate thing is they can happen at night too.  Perhaps I'm scratching my face while sleeping, but I don't recall that obviously.  The pillowcase in the morning can look a bit tragic.  Call in the CSI Unit sort of situation. I'm feeling like there is progress - skin is very flaky today - it's peeling like a typical sunburn.  Very scaly around the chin.  I'm becoming blotchy. Next Blog will be on Wednesday, May 23.  

Days 19 -20 - All things Tenzing

This blog is to help others contemplating this treatment. Days 19-20  All things Tenzing If Day 19 was base camp, then Day 20 is summit. What a road! As you'll see below I'm finally out of Efudix - didn't quite get to 21 days but the drug will be active in my skin for another 18 hours, so near enough. Day 17 to now have been very dark days for pain and itching.  Each night I'm only getting 3-4 hours sleep and I'm an 8-9 hours guy, always have been.  I've taken two Ibuprofen on the 18th night leading into Day 19 - it may have taken the edge off a little, while I was lying in bed, but not significantly. The tricky thing I find is the pressure of the pillow on your stubble - each little hair seems to catch and scrape and seems directly wired to an itch generator in your skin. But that's all the pain medication so far.  I'd advise anyone considering pain medication to discuss the matter with your Doctor as to what their recommendation is, an