Skip to main content

Day 17 - Erosion and the Sound of Rain

This blog is to help others contemplating this treatment.


Day 17 - Erosion and the Sound of Rain


Definitely entering the early stage of the Erosion Phase. Yes, it is called the 'Erosion Phase' which is better than 'Face Melting Phase', I guess.  Light blistering now becoming evident and growing, the most painful area is either side of my chin (see blistering below) and my forehead, because those parts move a fair bit, so you are constantly tweaking them.

Sleep is a fitful, wiggly thing.  I just try to get my zen on and focus deeply away from the pain and itching.  It is a great mindfulness exercise. Last night it was the sound of rain on a tin roof. Not bad.  No drugs.

Tomorrow morning I'm at the doctor for his take on where this is all at.  Bit worried about taking this face into the public domain.  I have the earliest possible doctor's appointment to help reduce the number of people I might freak out.


Day 17 right

Day 16 right


Day 17 left


Learning:

Ô bruit doux de la pluie
Par terre et sur les toits ! 
Pour un coeur qui s'ennuie,
Ô le chant de la pluie !

Third Stanza From Ariette III
Paul Verlaine, Romances sans paroles, 1874


Oh sweet sound of rain
Ground and on rooftops !
For a heart that is bored,
O the song of the rain!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 39 - Pink!

This blog is to help others contemplating this treatment. Day 39 Final Post - Pink! This is my final post and the past week has just been about recovery.  My face is still very pink and I suppose that will slowly fade, but it's still disconcerting.  There is no itching or pain anymore. Shaving is back to normal too (thank God). I'm still applying Paw-Paw ointment as noted in the previous Blog post, hence the 'shine' in today's photos.  I'll be using it for some months yet. In summary: This was a tough gig for long periods; Staying indoors and out of the sun was difficult, that surprised me more than I thought it would. I may not be suited to living in Canada in the winter 😊;   I still have to get a blood test to check my Vitamin D levels as a result (yes, seriously); I'm glad I'm through it, that I made it, and I'm glad I had the sense to read other Blogs before starting, to get the lay of the land; The reason I'm glad, ...

Days 30-32 - A Tropical Fruit

This blog is to help others contemplating this treatment. Days 30-32 - A Tropical Fruit Well a couple of marvelous things have happened since the last post on Sunday.  On Tuesday I think I became itch free for the first time in about 20 days.  You don't know what a relief that has been.  In fact I say 'think' because when I returned to a more normal 'state' I didn't really notice - then it dawns on you...hey, I'm not itching anymore, yay! I've also switched up the lotion attack.  After some research on Paw Paw content I'm using the product below.  It has the highest Paw Paw extract by volume of any that I can find on the Australian market and is available in a couple of major pharmacy chains.  I think this was a good move.  Importantly it is petro-chemical free. I'm sure that Monty Python might have a song about exfoliation - if so - message me below and I'll link it.  Generally, very scaly, couple of open sores but I'm m...

Day 18 - Doctor, Doctor...

This blog is to help others contemplating this treatment. Day 18 - Doctor, Doctor... I've just returned from the doctor this morning and the general opinion was that I have had a solid reaction to the drug and that everything seemed quite normal.  He did not expect to see me again but was happy to at my discretion. I'm almost out of Efudix and not sure I'll get to Day 21 before running out and this was OK with Doc - just use remaining and then go into repair. I have a prescribed cream for when repair starts: Advantin.  It contains some form of low level cortisone to get things moving. I went to the appointment with no cream on so Doc could see 'the real me'. Today's learning is that it was much worse with the cream off than on.  Things have completely switched around.  With the cream off, your skin dries out rapidly and tightens very painfully.  So I couldn't wait to get the cream back on!   I have bought some neutral Aqueous ...